Monday, September 12, 2011

Cougar Love

For some reason the term "Cougar" has been on my mind. As most of you know, "Cougar" is the word used to describe and an older woman who dates younger men. I love the word, even though, I have been involved in a couple of potentially heated debates with women who find the word offensive. In their minds, the word describes older women who are desperately seeking the attention of younger men.

Really? Well, I do not know what planet these particular women are living on. Women like Demi Moore, Tina Turner, Joan Collins, and May West, a few stars noted for dating and marrying younger men, do not seem desperate to me. And the women I know, like myself, who date younger men are far from desperate as well. Dating younger men is hardly a new trend. It has been going on for years.

These so-called "cubs" aka younger men are rather persistent suitors, who quite confidently pursue us. These men make it very clear that they find older women attractive, intelligent, and extremely sexy. And here's a newsflash... the majority of these men are not looking for a meal ticket or free ride. I have been told time and time again that they have a hard time relating to younger women and prefer the elegance, excitement, and experience of someone older.

I applaud these guys. They know what and who they want and are learning how to approach us and keep us interested in them. Think about this for a second... within this group there are many up and coming brilliant businessmen in their late 20's to late 30's. These younger men are the creators of businesses like internet training, social media, and other tools we use today. Or at the very least understand how to use the products and have created successful businesses (on and offline) that cater to the world. They are very driven individuals and they want to share their success with someone who can appreciate what they are doing. So, they look to older women. Our life experience is attractive to them. 

As an older women who does date younger men. I admit initially I was skeptical. Especially, when I have guys as young as my sons hitting on me. But, when I finally decided to relax and enjoy the company of someone younger than me. I was pleasantly surprised.

He was 12 years younger than me and had 2 thriving and successful businesses and was creating a third one that has become quite successful as well. He was great company, interesting to talk to, a sensual and passionate lover. He was an absolute gentleman. We had a wonderful time together. The relationship only ended because, he wanted to get married and I was not ready. I learned a great deal from him and since him have dated other younger men. I love their appreciation and enthusiasm for us.

So, the next time a younger guy approaches you and expresses an interest in getting to know you. If you are single, don't be so quick to discourage his attention. Spend a little time getting to know him; you may be in for a beautiful and sexy surprise. Let the wisdom of your inner Sex Goddess come out to play and bask in the admiration of someone who has the intelligence and good taste to appreciate you.

Have a sensuous and sexy day.





No comments:

Post a Comment