Thursday, September 22, 2011

Your Personal Look Can Impact Your Life.

I finished my workout this morning, took a shower, did my hair and makeup then; walked into my closet to decide what to wear. I love spending time in my closet. Sounds funny right, but I have the most amazing clothes in there. I feel like I am taking a mini trip around the world.


I have flowing and exotic kaftans and bellydancing robes and scarves/skirts from India and Egypt. There are gorgeous satin and silk dresses and kimonos from China and Japan. My shoes and handbags are from France and Italy as well as the US. Cowboy boots from Texas and Brazil. And I could go on and on. Each item expresses a piece of my eclectic personality. It offers me the variety to go from classic business attire to the more exotic. My closet is my playground and enables me to express all aspects of the woman I am.


How about you... what does your wardrobe say about you? 

  • Does it have express your inner self? 
  • Or, is it a series of costumes you wear to satisfy someone else's definition of who you are or should be?
  • When you get dressed does it make you feel good?
  • Is your wardrobe vibrant and fun?
  • Or, does getting dressed make you feel depressed?
  • Do your clothes properly fit your body type and add to you self-confidence?
  • Or, does the fit of your clothing frustrate you?
  • What about your undergarments? Are they fun and sexy or simply functional?
  • How about your bra? Does it fit properly? 
  • Have you even been properly fitted for a bra?
These may seem like a ton of odd questions but, your clothing selection; fit; and color choices really can influence how people react to you day to day. Your selections can definitely affect your mood and self-confidence. So, I would like you to take an evening or saturday morning to look through your closet and notice how it makes you feel. If you do not like the "feedback" you are receiving then, maybe it is time to make a change.


To get started, I would recommend:

  • Looking through fashion magazines... Bazaar, InStyle, Allure, and Vogue are good starting points.
  • Start a fashion vision board or scrapbook of pictures you have taken from the magazines
  • Read books like InStyle's "The New Secrets of Style" or "The One Hundred" by Nina Garcia. (They both offer get fashion advice and tips
  • Hire an Image Consultant. An image consultant can really help you fine tune your appearance or unlock hidden potential you have been missing.
These are just a few suggestions. You only get one chance to make a first impression. Whether that impression is for the public or the first look you get of yourself in the morning. I want you to feel good, have fun, and be your glamourous best.
 

Remember, your comments are always welcome.


Have a sensuous and sexy day,


Cyndi Harris aka "Madame C"
http://yoursexybest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment